Monday, December 19, 2011

The Gift of Light !

A Scent of Scandal - Downunder Eucalyptus from Candles Off Main - a great soy candle burns clean, smells like a spa 

Mistletoe - From Terrain at Styers - beautiful container

A candle card ! Cirque du Soleil Dralion - itty bitty candles and holder

A gift from a pal - Anthropologie's cool owl with pine candle inside

Owl lifted off so you can see the candle !

Favorite scent ever - Tuberosa di Notte from voluspa ordered from Candlesoffmain.com - sumptuous scent of the tuberose, elegant highly perfumed just fabulously feminine !
As fall rushes into winter my urge to use candlelight increases tenfold. I love the warmth of a fire but, with a lot less effort, burning a candle can give me a sense of warmth when I'm cozy under a blanket reading a favorite book. I have particular favorite scents that seem to come and go with the seasons. Love Peony in spring it reminds me that my own blooms are not too far away, summer tangerine or verbena is refreshing after a hot day outside, fall brings favorites pumpkin and spicy cinnamon that help take the chill off after a long walk outdoors, and for holiday I love anything that reminds me of pine or mulled cider or just what I call Christmassy scents like Nest's Holiday fragrance or Thymes Frasier Fir. The gift of a candle is something special and I thought I would share some personal favorites that would be great as teacher gifts, stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, Secret Santa gifts or even just a gift for yourself ! If you are looking for a great place to buy I have a favorite shop that has online ordering that I think is just terrific, they will send scent samples if you know sort of what you like but want to smell before you invest and they have a terrific blog where you can learn more about candles, they also have specials almost every day ! Check them out  www.candlesoffmain.com. I have added photos of some of my favorites ! Enjoy the gift of light ! And remember always extinguish when leaving the room!

1 comment:

  1. Very unique candle choices! I love the variety. The container for the Mistletoe candle looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete